VILLA ESPERANZA GUILD
The Villa Esperanza Guild was formed in 1968 to increase awareness of the needs of individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities. The Villa Guild spends all year raising money for Villa and we are grateful for all that they do! The Guild marked its 50th anniversary in February 2018. Founded in 1968 with a mission to increase public awareness surrounding the needs of individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, the Guild has raised over $1.5 million dollars for Villa’s Hjelte-Phillips Speech and Language Center and Adult Residential Program. The Guild hosts its primary fundraiser, the annual Day of Thoroughbred Racing, on the last Saturday in February, and members attend meetings at Villa monthly.
Villa Esperanza Guild - General Information
- Join the Guild at any time - Dues are just $40 a year.
- Guild meetings take place usually once a month in the Braun Center at Villa Esperanza Services.
- Meetings include presentations and speakers on topics such as travel, gardening, and Villa programs.
- Click here to join today!
- The Guild's annual fundraiser is held at Santa Anita Racetrack on the last Saturday in February and benefits Villa's Hjelte-Phillips Speech and Language Center and Adult Residential Program.
- In 2019, the Guild will hold its 21st annual Day of Thoroughbred Racing.
- The event features lunch, raffles, and a grand prize drawing. Tickets to the event are $130 each and include admission to the park, an official program, lunch and seating at a table for four.
- For more information, visit the Day of Thoroughbred Racing page.
Meet the 2018-2019 Guild Board
President and Villa Parent
Benefit Chair, Program Co-Chair, and Villa Parent
Membership Chair and Villa Parent
Recording Secretary and Villa Parent
Jo Ann Tassi
Correspondence Secretary and Villa Parent
Treasurer and Villa Parent